Tuesday, June 17, 2014

FHM Top 20 Pageant (Overdue post) in April 2014

Hey guys,

I know I have been neglecting my blog and no one has been really actively visiting for updates, knowing there will be none. However, I'm back and I am going to surprise you with pictures and updates about the recent events that I have been. So stay tuned from now on.

Today I am going to update you on an even on 26 Apr and 27 Apr. This was an event organized by FHM Singapore. I'm sure you're familiar with what FHM means right? It means "For Him Magazine". Basically it is a magazine for men. The publication originated in the UK in 1985, and slowly it branched out to other parts of the world. Every country it has a branch in will have FHM magazines to suit the local readership, like in Malaysia, Thailand, and Taiwan. Of course, in Malaysia and Singapore, most readers are English literate so the magazine is in English. In Thailand everybody speaks Thai so the magazine is in Thai. In Taiwan, the readers are Chinese readers so the magazine is in Chinese.

The photos I am going to share with you are photos that I took at the side of the runway of the 20 models who were strutting their stuff to wow the photographers. People are allowed to vote for their favorite FHM girl online to get their favorite girl into the Top 10.

I didn't upload the photo of every girl, otherwise there will be too many photos on this post, so I only uploaded my favorites, and most of them were the girls I were familiar with because I have been following their Facebook posts since they are freelance models who keep accepting friend requests to get more support for their modelling career especially when they have "picture-liking" popularity contests.


































































































This was how we were supposed to vote for the girls at the end of the event. Basically for every girl we vote for we would paste stickers that each girl would give out. Some of them would say "hey take picture must vote for me".

It was quite a fun event.

Wait, this is only Day 1. Day 2 was going to be more exciting because of the bikini runway.













































































Basically this was one of the girls I was going there to support since I have been following her Facebook profile since 2009-2010 when I added her. Her photos were nice and she resembled one of the girls I had a crush on in secondary school. In my novel, Desire Revolution, I actually created a character (one of the female novagels) actually inspired by her (and some other girls I knew who looked similar), and she is supposed to be the guardian of lightning who also represents intellect (See "Kazumi" under "characters" section of my blog). Oh well, in real life she's a broker for a US financial institution. Pretty much your intellectual with lots of lightning flashes in her brains. Loves traveling. Not very active anymore.
 Not very happy to know that she didn't get into the Top 10, but to me I have wanted her to be the champion for this pageant. Well, I played around with my online editing program to create a crown for her (doesn't look very nice but that was the best I could do so far) and make her a champion (with some novice photoediting).

The real champion will be crowned on  21 Jun 2014, and I'm planning to find out who. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment